The Queen Anne’s County Local Care Team (LCT) strives to ensure that children and their families receive the necessary supports and resources to live in the community successfully.
The LCT works with parents, guardians and other adults on children’s behalf. The purpose is to open doors, brainstorm, share knowledge, advocate, and develop strategies to help your child thrive.
Are you a Caregiver or Parent who is dealing with any of the following issues:
- Trouble finding the right resources for your child
- Your child is showing new behaviors that have you feeling confused or not knowing what to do
- Feeling lost in a system that is confusing, unorganized or non-responsive
- Need resources for your child but not sure how to access or pay for them
- Feeling alone like there is no one to help or guide you
Our Local Care Team Will:
- Help children with intensive needs receive assistance with the identification of individual needs and potential resources to meet identified needs.
- Hold discussions with you to problem solve needs and systemic needs.
- Refer children and families to care management entities when appropriate.
- Open doors to make connections to available local and community resources
- Connect to Advocates and Family Navigator
- Utilize the information gathered to improve the entire system
- Discuss a request for a Voluntary Placement Agreement for a child with a development disability or a mental illness under 5-525 of the Family Law Article
- Listen to your concerns or worries
LCT Performance in Numbers
The members of the Local Care Team work hard help Queen Anne’s County Children and their families thrive. There are many stories where a child has been helped greatly and parents felt more supported because of this dynamic and caring group of people. However, the group desires further to ensure success. We track our performance through multiple performance measures on a live Scorecard. To see how we are doing you may do so at this link: http://app.clearimpact.com/Scorecard/Embed/22691
Would you like to schedule a meeting?
The LCT meets regularly each month on the fourth Wednesday. We can also meet at other times that might be more convenient for you. The meetings are held at the Community Services Kramer building in Centreville.
To schedule a meeting, please fill out the form below:
For more information, please contact:
Phone: (410) 758-6677
Fax: (410) 758-6904
104 Powell St.
Centreville, MD 21617
For community resources, please visit:
- Parents/Legal Guardians
- Queen Anne’s Co. Public Schools
- Queen Anne’s Co. Department of Health
- Queen Anne’s Co. Developmental Disabilities Administration
- Queen Anne’s Co. Department of Social Services
- Community Mentors
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Queen Anne’s Co. LMB
- Mid Shore Mental Health Systems
- Maryland Coalition of Families
- Maryland Choices
- Department of Juvenile Services
- Local Management Board